Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The Community Justice Initiative strives to ensure public safety by effectively addressing criminal behaviorand its many underlying causes for the benefit of the citizens of Blount County
Objectives: “Targeting Appropriate Interventions”
• Enhance the quality of life of all Blount County citizens.
• Help ensure the safety of the public, staff, inmates, and program participants.
• Minimize victimization and help repair harm caused by crime.
• Achieve cost efficiencies and effectiveness throughout the system.
• Provide appropriate facilities and programs based on individual needs and risks.
• Decrease the rate at which people return to jail for committing new crimes.
• Provide programs that address factors that contribute to criminality, including substance abuse, addictions, and mental illness.
• Use innovative and evidence-based programs and design principles.
• Make time in the justice system effective by fostering accountability and encouraging positive life changes.
• Maximize staff effectiveness and job satisfaction.
• Accommodate growth and change in populations, programs and operations over time.