- Donate any heirloom, non-GMO, non-hybrid, open-pollinated seeds, The seeds do not have to be organic.
- Make sure seeds are dried throughly.
- Label with the common name and cultivar (if known).
- Label with date harvested or purchased. Place in sealed bags or containers to keep seeds dry.
- Donations accepted at the Reference Desk in Adult Services.
- If you are unsure about the seeds you have, contact and ask the experts:
Blount County UT-TSU Extension
1219 McArthur Road
Maryville, TN 37804865-982-6430
The library welcomes all seed donations (see above instructions on the type of seeds), but the Seed Library is definitely in need of the following::
- swiss chard
- cabbage/bok choy
- flowers of all kinds