Assistance for Employers & Individuals

Individuals: Assistance & Unemployment

Local Food Resources:

Blount County Food Resources 

List of Blount Food Pantries with contact information. 

SCHAS Out Shopping Program - Grocery Delivery for Seniors; you pay for your groceries as normal, but SCHAS delivers them to your door at no charge! 865-523-2920

Blount County Schools Meal Information

Maryville City Schools Meal Information 

Alcoa City Schools Meal Information 

Unemployment Resources:

TN Unemployment - Applications Must be Completed Online

Guidance and Resources for Unemployment 

Blount County Job Opportunities Facebook Group

Mental Health Resources:

Tennessee Statewide Crisis Hotline: 1-855-CRISIS-1                    (1-855-274-7471) • Responders will help you get in touch with mental health professionals in your area 

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 or text HOME to 741741 for free 24/7 support from a trained crisis counselor

Blount County Mental Health Resource Directory - Resources for Advocacy, Substance Abuse Treatment, and mental health physicians, with insurance information included.

Helen Ross McNabb Walk-In Crisis Center: 865-541-6958

Tennessee REDLINE - a 24/7/365 resource for substance abuse treatment referrals. Call or text 800-889-9789 for confidential referrals.

TN Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services Helpline - access an advocate who can listen to your concerns, inform you of your rights, and put you in touch with services. Available Monday-Friday from 8am - 4:30pm CST. (800) 560-5767 • (615) 532-6700

National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) TN  (800) 771-5491 •


Benefits and Social Services: 

TN Justice Center list of food, health, and insurance services

Blount County Community Action Agency. Call and listen to the message extension information to get in touch with the service or staff member you need. 865-983-8411

Apply for WIC. WIC is now offering phone interviews. 1800-DIAL-WIC

Apply for SNAP. Anyone approved for SNAP will be eligible to receive the maximum benefit at this time. 

United Way of Blount County Resource Guide Call 211 or 865-215-4211