- Clerk & Master
- Delinquent Property Tax Sale
- Tax Sale FAQs
Tax Sale FAQs
- When are taxes turned over to the Clerk and Master’s office for collection?
Two years following the delinquency. The county and cities file the cases in our office April 1st of every year.
- Can I make partial payments on delinquent taxes turned over to the Clerk and Master’s office?
No, we can only accept full payments.
- How do I start the redemption process after my property is sold?
You must contact the Clerk and Master’s office to start the process.
- When are the properties sold?
Properties that have not been paid will be sold one (1) year from the date they were turned over to our office.
- I am interested in purchasing property at the tax sale. How can I obtain the information?
The information will be posted on this website approximately one month before the sale.
- Can I purchase a property prior to the sale date?
No, you must purchase the property at the tax sale.
- What happens to properties no one purchased at the tax sale?
The county will purchase the property and hold it in inventory for the redemption period. After, the county will either use or re-auction the property. Contact the County Mayor’s office for further information.
- Can I view/pay my delinquent taxes online?
No, our office does not currently have that option. You can pay in person or by mail with Cash, Money Order or a Cashier’s Check only.
- What is the mailing address for paying delinquent taxes?
Make Money Orders or Cashier’s Checks payable to:
Blount County Clerk and Master
Blount County Justice Center
930 E. Lamar Alexander Pkwy
Maryville, TN 37804
Please be sure to include the property owner and property address on the payment.