- Elected Officials
- Register of Deeds
Register of Deeds
Document Recording FeesWe accept cash, check, credit/debit cards or money orders for recording.
Basic Recording Fees
- $1 Clerk Fee for All Documents With Any Taxable Amount (Warranty Deeds/Trust Deeds/Modifications'/Easements Etc.)
- $12 for a One or Two Pages
Additional Recording Fees
Additional Recording Fees (Add All Fees That Can Apply):
- Additional Pages or Attachments $5 Per Additional Page
- Additional References on All Other Documents $5 Per Reference After First
- (Except Deeds and Trust Deeds)
Transfer/Financing Fees / Taxes
- Deed Transfer Tax $0.37 Per $100
- Mortgage Tax $0.115 Per $100
- The First $2,000 of Indebtedness is Exempt From Mortgage Tax. Add $1 Probate Fee to Total Taxes Paid.
Effective July 1, 2001 all U.C.C.-1 Initial filings will be filed with the Secretary of State's Office in Nashville with the following exceptions:
- Extracted Collateral - Oil, Gas or Other Minerals That Are Subject to a Security Agreement
- Fixture Filings - the Collateral is Goods That Are or Are to Become Fixtures, Except That Fixture Filings of Transmitting Utilities Should Be Filed With the Secretary of State
- Initial Filings With Timber to Be Cut.
Fee StructureState Tax (if Applicable)
- $15 for Each Additional Debtor or Assigned Party
- $15 for First Debtor Up to 10 Pages and $.50; Each Additional Page
- $11.50 Per $100 After First $2,000 of Indebtedness
UCC-III: Continuations, Assignments & Terminations
$15 for Each Additional Debtor or Assigned Party
$15 for First Debtor Up to 10 Pages and $.50 ; Each Additional Page
If advancing additional money, tax above applies without additional $2,000 exemption. Filing Fee and Register Fee also apply.
Register of Deeds Certification
- Certification Fee $1 Per Page
- Certification Fee Maps $5
Document / Recording Notes / Questions
- All documents must have Prepared By name and address All rerecording of documents must be re-executed (signed and notarized). The only alternative to re-executing an original document is to record a Scrivener’s Error Affidavit with the previously recorded document being attached as an exhibit or referenced and describing corrections being made.
- Deeds must have District, Map & Parcel and Responsible Taxpayer name and address, owner name and address. Document Referencing System: Book and Page (format ex.: WD508 Pg 61/RB 2411 Pg 32) We cannot reference documents by instrument numbers.
- Originals of real estate documents are always returned after recording. A self addressed stamped return envelope is required for return.
- Trust deeds, mortgages, modification agreements and assignments must include the statement, "Maximum principal indebtedness for Tennessee recording tax purposes is $_____." Even if “0” (Zero).