- The Criminal Division is responsible for the filing of the Grand Jury reports, appeals from lower courts, motions, orders, pleadings, and other documents relating to criminal cases filed with the court.
- Types of cases include but are not limited to: felony, misdemeanor, petitions, and post conviction.
- Issue process - capias, violation of probation, subpoenas, and mittimus.
- All Circuit Criminal cases are open to the public. A public access computer is available to do a record search on someone.
- A Judicial Commissioner is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for the purpose of issuing criminal warrants and criminal summons
Deputy Clerks cannot
give legal advice. They will file your paperwork, but they cannot advise you on what action you should take. You should consult an attorney for legal advice.
We do not accept personal checks. Individuals may pay with a cashiers check, money order, credit/debit card (a processing fee will apply) or cash.
After Hours Payment Information
For your convenience in making payments, Kiosk machines are located in the jail lobby (24 hour access) and at the Blount County Probation Office and the County Clerk drive thru located at 500 N Cusick Street Maryville TN
After Hours Filing Information
For your convenience, an after hours filing box is located at the Justice Center in the jail visitation area. If a filing fee is required, you will be contacted the next business day regarding payment.